Welcome to psychiatristinsydney.com.au
Dr Himalee Abeya is a leading psychiatrist based in Sydney. She uses a holistic approach to treat clients for depression, anxiety, ADHD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and many other mental health issues. Dr Abeya individualises treatment plans, tailored to a person’s needs and environment. This could include use of therapy with or without medication as necessary. Your own preferences are a very important factor in making treatment decisions.
Dr Abeya has an interest in general adult psychiatry (depression, anxiety, ADHD, bipolar disorder, addictions , schizophrenia) and occupational psychiatry ( income protection & total permanent disability (TPD) assessments , workplace and fitness for duty (FFD) assessments, independent medical examinations (IME’s)) .
Treatment and Services are available for:
- Depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) treatment
- ADHD- adults
- Addictions- alcohol & gambling
- Psychological/psychiatric treatment including early intervention for injured workers
- Diagnostic clarifications and treatment recommendations
- Telehealth assessments and treatment
- Income protection and total permanent disability (TPD) assessments
- Workplace assessments and education
- Fitness For Duty (FFD) and Fitness For Rehabilitation (FFR) assessments
- File reviews and strategic advice
- Independent Medical Examinations (IME’s)
1 in 5 Australians have experienced mental health issues at some time in their lives.You don’t have to go through this journey alone. Please seek help.
Are you or a loved one struggling with difficult emotional or psychological issues? These conditions are common but can cause great distress and disability. Depression can lead to a person losing interest in life, anxiety can cause a person to isolate themselves and both conditions limit a person from achieving their full potential. Yet if identified and treated appropriately these conditions can be effectively managed. All our Mental Health Services offer clients with a wide range of issues access to the treatment best suited for them. Dr Abeya is a dedicated and experienced Psychiatrist and will help you access the support, help, and treatment you need. She is passionate about helping people to successfully move toward a happier, healthier life. In comfortable, private surroundings, she will work with you at your own pace, as you embark upon your path to healing and wellbeing.
Appointments are confidential and can be arranged quickly. Your initial consultation will be an opportunity for you and Dr Abeya to explore options for treatment and start building a trusting, therapeutic relationship.